On October 30, 2017, the first cases brought by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III were unsealed. The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia unsealed an indictment against Paul Manafort and Richard Gates, as well as the full docket of a second case against George Papadopoulos, in which the defendant had already pled guilty. The court also unsealed an opinion in a third case, which discussed the attorney–client privilege. The full Manafort docket was unsealed the next day.
As selected documents and full dockets from these and other cases brought by the Special Counsel’s Office become available in Free Law Project’s RECAP Archive, we are linking to them on this page.
In many cases, the Special Counsel’s Office posts documents on their own web page before they are unsealed to the public, or in some instances filed in PACER; the RECAP links below are only as up-to-date as PACER. When the D.C. District unseals materials in an otherwise sealed case, it posts them at on its Unsealed Opinions in Sealed Cases or Unsealed Documents in Sealed Cases webpages (not in PACER); we have mirrored or linked to some such documents here.
- George Papadopoulos
- United States v. Papadopoulos (D.D.C. 1:17-cr-00182-RDM) Main case
- United States v. John Doe (D.D.C. 1:17-mc-02484-RDM)
- United States v. Papadopoulos (D.D.C. 1:17-mj-00539-BAH)
- United States v. Papadopoulos (E.D.Va. 1:17-mj-00358-TCB) Arrest
- Paul Manafort and Richard Gates
- United States v. Manafort, et al. (D.D.C. 1:17-cr-00201-ABJ) Main case
- In re Grand Jury Investigation [SEALED v. SEALED] (D.D.C. 1:17-mc-2336-BAH)
- Memorandum Opinion about attorney–client privilege
- Manafort v. U.S. Dept. of Justice (D.D.C. 1:18-cv-00011-ABJ)
- United States v. Manafort, et al (E.D.Va. 1:18-cr-00083-TSE) “Superseding” indictment handed up Feb. 22, 2018
- Michael Flynn
- Russian Election Interference
- U.S. v. Internet Research Agency, et al (D.D.C. 1:18-cr-00032-DLF)
- Richard Pinedo
- U.S. v. Richard Pinedo, et al (D.D.C. 1:18-cr-00024-DLF)
- Alex Van der Zwaan
- United States v. Van der Zwaan (D.D.C 1:18-cr-00031-ABJ)
- Virginia real-estate brokers’ subpoenas
- (It is unclear if this is part of the Special Counsel’s investigation, and if it might relate to Manafort or Gates).
- In re Grand Jury Investigation [SEALED v. SEALED] (D.D.C 1:17-mc-2587-BAH)
- Michael Cohen
- In the Matter of Search Warrants Executed on April 9, 2018 (S.D.N.Y. 1:18-mj-03161)
- DNC Hack by Russian Intelligence Agents
To update a docket, install the RECAP browser extension and download the latest dockets and PDFs from PACER or CM/ECF. The RECAP extension will automatically send us an updated version of the information, and it will automatically be updated here within a few hours (processing can take some time).